Executives Helping Executives:Delivering Results from the Inside
Our senior professionals have decades of experience and are credentialed as lean and six sigma practitioners, CPAs, and CVAs. All have assumed financial and operational roles as CEOs, presidents, general managers, and CFOs. This senior team is augmented with staff consultants and analysts with proven financial skills and shop-floor savvy.
About Joseph Bione
Whitehall Group President & Founder
Whitehall Group President and Founder Joseph Bione has over 35 years of experience in manufacturing and restructuring. Mr. Bione’s expertise includes the areas of operations, finance, re-engineering, enterprise lean, continuous improvement, and supply chain management.
In the past, Joe had served as interim CEO/CRO/President for many clients, including:
• Mold Masters Corporation
• CMI Holdings
• Venture Industries
• Talon Automotive Group
• Como Plastics
• Detroit Plastic Molding
• Kuhlman Automotive Group
He is currently serving as chief restructuring officer for Mold Masters Corporation.
Mr. Bione has been interim president/CEO for American Special Vehicle Cars (ASC), where he won the 2016 Manufacturing Leadership Award (ML100) for Visionary Leadership.
He also has been EVP of Operations at Constar Inc., a $500 million manufacturing company, where he won the 2012 Manufacturing Leadership Award (ML100) for Turnaround. Mr. Bione is on the governors’ list of potential emergency managers, and Whitehall has been approved by the State of Michigan as a “Turnaround and Restructuring” resource.
Joe started his manufacturing career at Johnson Controls, where he served as VP and general manager for both the Automotive Group and Beverage Bottle Division, as well as at the American Sterilizer Company as director of operations for the Medical Products Division.
He was also a partner at Deloitte Consulting in the automotive, supply chain, and restructuring practices with global account responsibility for DaimlerChrysler and co-leadership of the Global Automotive Practice.
Mr. Bione is a frequent speaker at industry events, including:
- A bi-continental auto conference, where he spoke on “Preparing for the Next Disruptive Event”
- The Michigan Association of CPAs management conference
- The Automotive News motor vehicle conference
- Original Equipment Suppliers Association regional meetings
Community Involvement & Education
Joe has contributed guest columns in both the TMA newsletter and at the OESA Annual Outlook Conference. He participated in PowerPlex as a partner and guest speaker, the Automotive Supplier Finance Summit, and Eastern Michigan University’s College of Business Ethos Week.
In addition to speaking, Mr. Bione has authored a series of four articles on addressing “Business Transition Issues” that most privately held companies are facing.
- Bachelor of Science, with a major in business management and a minor in engineering (Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania)
- Master of Business Administration, with a focus on organizational behavior (Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania)
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation – Advisors and Leaders for Kids Advisory Board
- Gannon University College of Engineering and Business – Advisory Board
- Erie Chamber of Commerce – Economic Development Council
- University of Detroit Mercy Turnaround Program – Founding Advisor
- Eastern Michigan University Supply Chain Management Program – Founding Advisor
Awards & Certifications
- 2012 (ML100) Manufacturing Leadership Award for Turnaround
- 2016 (ML100) Manufacturing Leadership Award for Visionary Leadership
- Turnaround Management Association Member
- Distinguished Alumni Award from Gannon University
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) in Purchasing through the Purchasing Management Association (PMA)
- Certified in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM) through the Association for Supply Chain Management