Supply Chain Management
Whitehall identifies and corrects missing or broken links.
Our differentiator in supply chain management? …Our “supplier pay” model for improvement initiatives best aligns the interests of customer, supplier, and third-party resources.
In addition to this supplier risk management model, we also offer experience in evaluation improvements, which drives our ability to generate real savings and benefits that affect all parties. Whitehall is also proactive in assessing and intervening in high-risk supplier situations.
Our supply chain management consultant programs are designed to profile an entire supply base or a specific commodities risk in near-term time frames.
Integrated Programs for Supplier Risk Management & Development
Our structured program is in five distinct phases to assess and mitigate risk.
- Program definition development
- Data collection and analysis
- On-site supplier assessments
- High-risk supplier intervention
- Business transfers and tool moves
Supply Chain Management Case Study
Heavy Duty Truck Axle Manufacturer
- Demand optimization and supply optimization are key to delivering the operational benefits of competitive lead time as the company moves from long lead time to on-demand consumer business.
- Current demand variance introduces excess cost (inventory) and lower performance on customer OTD.
- The 12-month rolling demand forecast on its own will not deliver competitive lead time, but is the foundation.
- Consumer on-time delivery implementation will open new growth market opportunities.
- Competitive lead time is required to achieve growth in the commercial OE sector and to reach total revenues from $500 million to $1 billion.
- This initiative was established to deliver the key components of demand optimization and supply optimization to achieve competitive lead time and meet growth opportunities.
- Developed a 12-month rolling demand forecast element of demand optimization.
- Supplier capacity analysis program was established to identify capacity and quality concerns with key suppliers in conjunction with program rollout.
- A Line of Sight weekly management system was put in place to monitor KPI and breaking initiatives.
- KPIs to evaluate lead time improvement with goals of:
- Decreasing lead time (number of days) over time
- Getting to 95% + for customer OTD versus promise date
- Decreasing total inventory levels and improving inventory and AWAR as % of sales metrics
- Increasing the number of customers with less-than-standard lead time